downthetubes is undergoing some main site refurbishment...

This blog is no longer being updated

The downthetubes news blog was assimilated into our main site back in 2013.

Hop over to www.downthetubes.net for other British comics news, comic creating guides, interviews and much more!

Tuesday 19 July 2011

You can't flush this web comic away...

Comic creator Gordon Robertson has just launchd a new web comic inspired by a very personal story.

Provocatively titled Arse Cancer, "it's not just a catchy title," says Gordon. "A year ago I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. I was lucky I caught it early and have beaten it and am back to full health.

"While I was ill, I tried to write about my experiences, at first planning a blog, but it never came out in the way I wanted it to," he reveals. "There are some really moving and heartfelt blogs out there, stuff that will make your heart soar, and stuff that will make you cry like you never thought possible, all tributes to some incredibly brave people. I couldn't write anything like that. It just wasn't what I was going through.

"What I experienced leaned towards the bizarre, off the wall and was all slightly surreal. Writing a comic seemed like a natural way of expressing that.

With art from Newcastle-based artist Cuttlefish, ArseCancer is a comic (if not always an entirely reliable) journey through Gordon's recollections and you can read it at: www.arsecancer.co.uk

No comments:

Latest News on downthetubes.net

Contact downthetubes

• Got a British Comics News Story? E-mail downthetubes!

• Publishers: please contact for information on where to post review copies and other materials: editor@downthetubes.net

Click here to subscribe to our RSS NewsFeed

Powered by  FeedBurner